There are many reasons homeowners decide to forgo the real estate agent and
list their home for sales as an FSBO (For Sale by Owner). FSBO sellers can utilize
many of the same national real estate websites used to showcase property online.
Most homebuyers start their house search online, so the online listing must
showcase the home to generate offers. To sell quickly, one must avoid the
common mistakes home sellers make online.
• Cell Phone Photos – Invest in professional photography. Pictures are the
first thing buyers notice and poor-quality shots will prevent the buyer from
noticing the home or even setting up a showing.
• Responding Slowly – When a potential buyer reaches out, they expect a
prompt response. Catching buyers quickly is the best way to move the
buying process into the next stage of setting an appointment.
• Not Paying for Exposure – Regardless of the platform, there is an option to
boost the listing to get featured exposure. The fee is a small price to pay to
ensure more potential buyers see the home first when they search for
• Poor Grammar and Misspellings – Always double-check listing information
is accurate, clearly explained, and written with proper grammar and
• Listing on Only One Platform – More exposure only means more views.
Consider all the major real estate platforms and use them all.
Selling a home without a real estate agent involves more effort by the
homeowner. The homeowner needs to be at every showing, and figure out how
to write the contract. It certainly is not for everyone. If you are an FSBO seller and
ready to let a real estate agent take over, contact us today!