Heart-Shaped Lasagna Bundt Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles to al dente according to the package directions. Line a baking sheet with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Drain the noodles and spread them flat on the baking sheet to dry them completely (you may need to create 2 to 3 layers to fit all of the noodles; put paper towels between each layer).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beef, 2 teaspoons salt and a generous amount of black pepper, and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon and stirring occasionally, until the beef is just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until well incorporated and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes, sugar, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, Parmesan, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Cut six noodles in half crosswise.
- Line the bottom of a 10-cup heart-shaped Bundt pan with 4 of the half noodles (2 along the straight lines of the heart and 2 along the arches). Lay 12 whole noodles in the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping and directly on top of the half noodles, making sure that one side of each noodle hangs 2 to 3 inches over the edge of the pan and the other side of the noodle runs up the center of the pan.
- Pour 1 cup meat sauce on top of the noodles, then spread 1 cup of the ricotta mixture over the sauce. Top with 4 noodle halves. Repeat the layering 1 more time. Pour 1 cup meat sauce and spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the top (the ricotta mixture will be less than the 1 cup used in previous layers).
- Fold the edges of the overhanging lasagna noodles the lasagna towards the center, covering the filling and the hole in the center completely. Bake until the noodles on top are turning golden brown and are starting to crisp up, 45 to 50 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto a cutting board. Reheat the remaining sauce if necessary and pour into the center of the heart. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by: FoodNetwork.com