One of the most exciting parts of expecting a baby is decorating the
nursery. Today’s young parents are shunning the traditional pink and blue
for more contemporary styles that blend with the rest of the home. With
themes ranging from boho to Mid-Century Modern, there are options for all
styles and budgets.
5 Nursery Design Trends to Try in 2022
- Sophisticated Colors – The nursery should blend with the style of
the home. Gone are the jarring pastels that graced former baby rooms.
- Multi-Purpose Furniture – Even if space is not a concern,
multi-function furniture prevents a cluttered look. Daybeds or sofa beds can
provide for guests as well as offer seating.
- Accent Walls – An accent wall makes a grand statement, especially
in a small space. With stick-on products that range from bold patterns to
subtle textures, even renters can use this design tip.
- Personalize – A simple frame turns a handprint into a masterpiece.
Add personal touches such as family pictures, framed keepsakes, or
- Natural Elements – Natural fibers and themes have made their way
into the nursery. Wicker, rattan, natural cotton, or wool; from the patterns to
the fibers, natural materials keep babies comfortable and trendy.
Baby nurseries are part of the home. Contemporary parents are looking for
new ways to decorate that complement, not compete, with the rest of the